I am working on a simple discussion guide for A Christianity Worth Believing and would like your help. If you are familiar with the book, preferably by having read it, and are willing to give me input on places for discussion.
My plan is to put a guide together that will help people lead a discussion on the book without having read it first. If you have input for me either post a response here or email me.
I am going to create 10 sessions from the content. They are basically broken down in what I see as the topics in the book. Here is a basic break down with an idea of where I am going with the sessions.
1 – Chapter 1 – Confession of an adopted son. How do you relate to Christianity? What are your passions and struggles with Christianity?
2. Chapters 2,3 – Passion Play, From Amen to Uh Oh. Have you had conversions and uh oh experiences?
3. Chapters 4,5 – Wild Goose Chase, When Different Was Good.
4. Chapter 6 – It Is In The Way That You Use It. What is your experience with the Bible?
5. Chapters 7,8 – Strange Medicine, Together, Again. What is your experience with holistic thinking?
6. Chapters 9,10 – Up and Out, Down and In. Do you think about God in up and out or down and in terms.
7. Chapters 11, 12 – Wonderfully Made, Same as it Ever Was. What is your attitude toward humanity?
8. Chapters 13, 14 – There Goes The Judge, Behind Blue Eyes. What are your thoughts on seeing sin in relational and health terms?
9. Chapters 15, 16, 17 – The Jew I Never Knew, You Say You Want A Revolution. Do you feel like you have had a changing picture of Jesus?
10. Chapter 18 – Heaven on Earth. What does heaven in earth mean to you?