I know it seems impossible to break two power-packed days into a top ten list; but it’s not. I can’t chew on everything that was presented. It’s too heavy to carry. Too much to implement. So here’s the ten take-aways I’m going to take-on; I can do this.
- Leadership doesn’t matter as much in things cheerful, safe, and easy… it’s critical in things that are scary, dangerous and hard. Jesus did not come to make us safe, He can to make us brave. If I’m playing football and no one is hitting me–I may need to check to make sure I’m in the game.
- God, please rescue me from all things petty. Gary Haugen
- Follow my compass not my clock.Bill George
- We have knowledge workers–people smarter than the leaders of the company–give them the opportunity to lead.John Burke
- Our job is not to fix, grow, or change people- only to work on the soil/environments we create.Craig Groeschel
- Better ministry is better, not more ministry. In order to reach people no one is reaching, do things no one is doing.
- God break my heart.Chuck Colson
- Your job is not to pander to your people, it’s to lead them.Catherine Rohr
- Simple prayer: Bring it on, God.
- God has better plans for me than I do; I just need to chill out and give up control.
Great job, WCA. This faculty was world-class. And, I didn’t miss the 3rd day. You cut out the right stuff and left the right stuff. Your hard work has paid off and impacted thousands.