Header Ad

Law Enforcement Official Says Ray Rice Video Sent to NFL in April

The NFL’s claim that they had not seen security video camera footage of star Ray Rice punching out his then-fiancée until it was leaked publically is facing further scrutiny. A law enforcement official told the AP that he sent a copy of the tape to the NFL’s security chief in April, and soon after, received a phone call from someone at the league office confirming they received it. The person on the voicemail added, “You’re right. It’s terrible.”

Commissioner Roger Goodell initially suspended Rice just two games after the incident—claiming to have not been able to see what actually transpired in the elevator when Rice assaulted his now-wife. After the brutal footage was leaked to the public by TMZ, Rice was banned indefinitely by the NFL. In a statement, the security chief said, “I unequivocally deny that I received at any time a copy of the video and I had not watched it until it was made public on September 8.” Earlier this week, ESPN suspended one of its most popular personalities, Bill Simmons for ranting that Goodell was lying when he told fans that he had no access to the tape …

Scroll To Top