Zimbabwe Only Had $217 in Its Checking Account
You know that feeling when you go to check the ATM, or maybe check your account online, and the amount of money in your account is at a level that can be, perhaps, best described as "horrifying"? Zimbabwe's been there. In fact, Zimbabwe Finance Minister Tendai Biti said that, last week, Zimbabwe hit a point where it had $217 in its public account. Two-hundred and seventeen dollars. That's, like, the nation-equivalent of being a college student with three bucks in your back pocket. Fortunately for Zimbabwe, the revenue started pouring in and some $30M found its way to the bank. Hopefully, the same fate can be said for the rest of us whenever we start feeling like Zimbabwe ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- Trump and Clinton Took Turns Zinging Each Other at a Catholic Charity Event8
- A Previously Unfinished Love Story by JRR Tolkien Will Be Published Next Year1,153
- Lecrae on Racial Injustice: 'As I Shared My Heart, My Supporters Turned on Me'3,360
- Bob Dylan May Soon Release a ‘Bootleg’ Album of Christian Music 1,030
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Trump and Clinton Took Turns Zinging Each Other at a Catholic Charity Event
- > A Previously Unfinished Love Story by JRR Tolkien Will Be Published Next Year
- > Lecrae on Racial Injustice: 'As I Shared My Heart, My Supporters Turned on Me'
- > Bob Dylan May Soon Release a ‘Bootleg’ Album of Christian Music
- > And Now, Here's James Corden Re-enacting Famous Tom Cruise Movie Scenes