Zimbabwe Only Had $217 in Its Checking Account
You know that feeling when you go to check the ATM, or maybe check your account online, and the amount of money in your account is at a level that can be, perhaps, best described as "horrifying"? Zimbabwe's been there. In fact, Zimbabwe Finance Minister Tendai Biti said that, last week, Zimbabwe hit a point where it had $217 in its public account. Two-hundred and seventeen dollars. That's, like, the nation-equivalent of being a college student with three bucks in your back pocket. Fortunately for Zimbabwe, the revenue started pouring in and some $30M found its way to the bank. Hopefully, the same fate can be said for the rest of us whenever we start feeling like Zimbabwe ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?