Zimbabwe Only Had $217 in Its Checking Account
You know that feeling when you go to check the ATM, or maybe check your account online, and the amount of money in your account is at a level that can be, perhaps, best described as "horrifying"? Zimbabwe's been there. In fact, Zimbabwe Finance Minister Tendai Biti said that, last week, Zimbabwe hit a point where it had $217 in its public account. Two-hundred and seventeen dollars. That's, like, the nation-equivalent of being a college student with three bucks in your back pocket. Fortunately for Zimbabwe, the revenue started pouring in and some $30M found its way to the bank. Hopefully, the same fate can be said for the rest of us whenever we start feeling like Zimbabwe ...
Recommended For You
- > The New Trailer for Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' Is Just Incredible
- > Stop What You're Doing and Watch These Cocoa Farmers Taste Chocolate for the First Time
- > Allison Williams Will Play Peter Pan in NBC's Next Musical
- > Tender-Hearted Child Learns the Cold Truth About Growing Up
- > A Sitcom about the Life of Jim Gaffigan Is in the Works