Zimbabwe Only Had $217 in Its Checking Account
You know that feeling when you go to check the ATM, or maybe check your account online, and the amount of money in your account is at a level that can be, perhaps, best described as "horrifying"? Zimbabwe's been there. In fact, Zimbabwe Finance Minister Tendai Biti said that, last week, Zimbabwe hit a point where it had $217 in its public account. Two-hundred and seventeen dollars. That's, like, the nation-equivalent of being a college student with three bucks in your back pocket. Fortunately for Zimbabwe, the revenue started pouring in and some $30M found its way to the bank. Hopefully, the same fate can be said for the rest of us whenever we start feeling like Zimbabwe ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 71% of Americans Believe the Economy Is Rigged
- > Andrews Air Force Base Is on Lockdown Because of an Active Shooter
- > Human Rights Lawyer for International Justice Mission Has Been Abducted in Kenya
- > Finally: Miss Teen USA Gets Rid of the Swimsuit Portion of the Competition
- > Congress Wants to Do Something About Food Waste