"You're Not Sick Enough to Go To Disney World," Says Awful Dad
McKenna, a 4-year-old girl who's gone through years of treatments for leukemia, isn't being allowed to go on her Make-A-Wish trip to Disney World because her cancer is in remission and her dad says that she's not sick enough to go anymore. Apparently, Make-A-Wish requires the consent of both parents in order to make the child's dream come true and, in this cae, McKenna's father (who has never married or lived with her mother, and only recently received visitation rights) decided not to give her that consent, because Make-A-Wish is for kids that are actually sick. Even though she won't be declared cancer-free for five years? And even though she's been set to go twice in the past year, but those times, the father didn't sign off because he thought it'd be better to wait until she was through treatment? And even though (and this is the doozy) a child who has spent her formative years facing a tragic and devastating disease and it seems like her miraculous remission might be cause for some small celebration by letting her go see some princesses? Yes, even though all of that. Man. Looks like somebody is gunning for the "Father of the Year" Award ...
Recommended For You
- > Almost Half of the Syrian Population Is Now Displaced
- > Bill Murray Took Tickets at a Minor League Baseball Game This Week
- > Officials in Missouri Are Being Sued for $40 Million Following Ferguson Crackdown
- > Here’s a Look at Google’s Drone Delivery System, Project Wing
- > ‘Simpsons’ Mini-Marathons Will Be a Part of FXX’s Daily Lineup Moving Forward