"You're Not Sick Enough to Go To Disney World," Says Awful Dad
McKenna, a 4-year-old girl who's gone through years of treatments for leukemia, isn't being allowed to go on her Make-A-Wish trip to Disney World because her cancer is in remission and her dad says that she's not sick enough to go anymore. Apparently, Make-A-Wish requires the consent of both parents in order to make the child's dream come true and, in this cae, McKenna's father (who has never married or lived with her mother, and only recently received visitation rights) decided not to give her that consent, because Make-A-Wish is for kids that are actually sick. Even though she won't be declared cancer-free for five years? And even though she's been set to go twice in the past year, but those times, the father didn't sign off because he thought it'd be better to wait until she was through treatment? And even though (and this is the doozy) a child who has spent her formative years facing a tragic and devastating disease and it seems like her miraculous remission might be cause for some small celebration by letting her go see some princesses? Yes, even though all of that. Man. Looks like somebody is gunning for the "Father of the Year" Award ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin