Young Immigrants Can Now Avoid Deportation
Today the government began accepting applications from young illegal immigrants seeking temporary legal status under relaxed deportation rules announced by the Obama administration in June. Illegal immigrants are eligible to apply for such deportation relief if they, among other criteria, were younger than 16 when they came to the United States, have not been convicted of a felony and are not currently older than 30. As many as 1.7 million people could qualify for the program, which also allows them to apply for renewable work permits. It's a controversial measure that is sure to become a major issue heading in the fall elections. We want to know, what's your take?
Recommended For You
- > National Treasures Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Are Hosting the Golden Globes Again
- > Colleges Distance Themselves from Bill Cosby
- > Patagonia Is Giving Away Clothes to Keep You from Shopping on Black Friday
- > There Will Be a Second Season of ‘Serial’
- > Ferguson Bakery Owner Raises $250K Online after Store Is Damaged in Riots