Young Immigrants Can Now Avoid Deportation
Today the government began accepting applications from young illegal immigrants seeking temporary legal status under relaxed deportation rules announced by the Obama administration in June. Illegal immigrants are eligible to apply for such deportation relief if they, among other criteria, were younger than 16 when they came to the United States, have not been convicted of a felony and are not currently older than 30. As many as 1.7 million people could qualify for the program, which also allows them to apply for renewable work permits. It's a controversial measure that is sure to become a major issue heading in the fall elections. We want to know, what's your take?
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing