You Could Own this James Bond Submarine Car
This fully functioning, custom submarine car featured in the 1977 007 film The Spy Who Loved Me will be auctioned off this September. The lucky winner will not only take home a one-of-a-kind piece of Bond memorabilia, they’ll also be the owners of an actual, working, underwater Lotus Esprit. After the film finished shooting, the custom-built sub was put into a storage unit in Long Island, where it was forgotten about until it became one of the most epic Storage Wars-style finds ever. In 1989 the unit that housed the submarine car had become delinquent and was sold off in a blind auction. Do memorabilia experts now estimate that the car could fetch seven figures? YUPPP …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin