You Could Be the Author of the 'The Dark Crystal' Prequel
You probably know Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal as the first movie to give you an honest nightmare, but it could also be your ticket to fame, as the Jim Henson Company is on the market for someone to write a prequel to the 1987 cult classic. Just head over to darkcrystal.com, enter the contest and start writing—whoever pens the winning prequel gets $10,000 (which sounds like a lot, until you start thinking about how much money most people who write prequels probably make)
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Ringling Bros. Circus Will Phase Out Elephants
- > Here's a New Salvation Army Ad Starring the Dress. (Yes, That Dress.)
- > U.S. Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.5%
- > ‘Toy Story 4’ Will Be a ‘Romantic Comedy’ Not a Continuation of the Trilogy
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.