You Can Leave this Car Idling in the Parking Lot, and It Will Go Park Itself
Yesterday we posted a story about futurist and Google Engineer Ray Kurzweil who believes that the singularity—a merger of humans and technology—is just decades away. Today, Volvo is proving him wrong—the singularity has arrived, and it has taken the form of the world’s laziest invention. The Swedish automaker recently unveiled a concept car you can leave in a parking lot, and it will drive around by itself, find a parking spot and then later pick you up when you are ready to leave. The countdown to the machines’ overthrow of human enslavement by disgruntled virtual valet drivers has begun …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > ISIS Stages Mass Execution with What Appear to Be Child Fighters
- > And Now, a Waterskiing Squirrel Filmed with a GoPro Camera
- > ‘A.D.: The Bible Continues’ Cancelled by NBC; Could Come Back Online
- > Discovery Channel Wants Fans of Non-Fictional Sharks to Watch Shark Week Again
- > Survey: 53% of Americans Think God Has a ‘Special Relationship’ with the U.S.A.