The World's Fastest Texter Has the Right Idea
17-year-old Austin Wierschke of Rhinelander, Wisconsin took home the top prize in Times Square yesterday for being the country's fastest texter. Gold medals, landing on Mars and now this; America is just on fire lately. This is actually Austin's second consecutive victory, which makes him sort of the Ryan Lochte of texting. Actually, a little better than Ryan Lochte, because Austin has the right idea. The winner of the LG Texting Championship takes home a $50,000 reward, fully double the top prize for a gold medal Olympian. If Olympians just took all the time they spent forging their bodies into machines and would work on texting, they'd be in a lot better financial shape than they are. Time to rethink your lives, gold medal athletes ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Kendrick Lamar’s Reebok Shoe Designs Are Commentary about Street Gangs
- > Reminder: Don't Jump on Stage to Charge Your Phone During a Broadway Play
- > Baylor, World’s Largest Baptist University, Drops ‘Homosexual Acts’ Ban
- > Excellent: Harry Shearer, the Voice of Mr. Burns and Others Will Return to ‘The Simpsons’
- > New App Lets You See Who Unfriended You on Facebook