The World's Fastest Texter Has the Right Idea
17-year-old Austin Wierschke of Rhinelander, Wisconsin took home the top prize in Times Square yesterday for being the country's fastest texter. Gold medals, landing on Mars and now this; America is just on fire lately. This is actually Austin's second consecutive victory, which makes him sort of the Ryan Lochte of texting. Actually, a little better than Ryan Lochte, because Austin has the right idea. The winner of the LG Texting Championship takes home a $50,000 reward, fully double the top prize for a gold medal Olympian. If Olympians just took all the time they spent forging their bodies into machines and would work on texting, they'd be in a lot better financial shape than they are. Time to rethink your lives, gold medal athletes ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > At Least 10 Jewish Centers Have Received Bomb Threats Today
- > Keanu Reeves on Matrix 4: 'That’d Be Weird, But Why Not?'
- > Watch Daisy Ridley *Not* Give Away 'Star Wars VIII' Secrets
- > This Supercut of the 5 Films Nominated for the Best Cinematography Oscar Is the Pick-Me-Up Your Monday Needs
- > Enjoy Some Disney Nostalgia With This New 'Beauty and the Beast' Clip