Wonderful Man on the Hunt for Kidney Donation for His Wife
William Swilling is a 77-year-old South Carolina resident who married his wife, Jimmie Sue, 56 years ago. Jimmie Sue was born with only one kidney, and now her other is failing. And even though nobody in the Swilling family is a match, William, a true hero, has made a sandwich board and is pounding the pavement, up to seven miles a day, on the hunt for a potential match. Swilling says he's collected six pages of names of people who are willing to volunteer their kidneys if they end up being a match, but he'd like more. "I’m going to save my wife, and that’s what I want," Swilling told the news. "I love her more now, I believe, than when I married her because we’re not two, we’re one” ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today