Wonderful Doctors Perform Free Surgery for Chinese Woman, Because We All Need Good News
Li Hongfang, a 40-year-old Chinese woman, was afflicted with a rare type of bone cancer that caused massive, disfiguring tumors to grow under her face. She was shunned for 10 years, unable to afford medical treatment, while the tumors continued to expand, mutating her face beyond recognition. But then, as does not happen often enough in the world, some people carried out an act of genuine, overwhelming kindness. A hospital in Xi'an offered to perform the £60,000 surgery on the house. As Li went into the surgery, she said that, "I just want to look normal again, like I feel inside. I'm not a monster and I don't want to look like one." There's still some minor swelling around her eyes, and she's waiting to look into a mirror until the swelling is completely gone ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > The Second Season of 'Jessica Jones' Will Only Have Women Directors
- > An American Missionary Was Kidnapped in Niger Earlier This Month
- > Adnan Syed Could Soon Be Freed on Bail
- > Mel Gibson Tells Joel Osteen that His ‘Passion’ Follow-up Will Be Surprising on a ‘Theological Level’
- > You Can Actually Tell When Your Friends Are Fake Laughing at Your Jokes, Because Science