Women's Preventative Care Portion of Obamacare Goes Into Effect Today
August 1 marks the beginning of National Catfish Month, a two-minute warning on summer break and, this year, the debut of the Affordable Healthcare Act's component on women's preventative care. Starting today, some 47 million women have access to free HPV testing; counseling for STD's; counseling and screening for HIV; breast-feeding supplies; support and counseling; domestic violence counseling; and other preventative services. Exempt from the act are certain insurers who have grandfathered status and nonprofit religious organizations ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Chris Pratt Asks Twitter Followers to Pray for a Fan’s Young Son Suffering From Brain Cancer
- > Apple Music Will Be the Home to the ‘Carpool Karaoke' Series
- > Scientists Just Figured Out How to Filter Urine Into Drinkable Water
- > ISIS Just Killed 44 Residents of a Kurdish Town in Syria
- > State of Maryland Will Fight Against Adnan Syed, of 'Serial' Fame, Getting a New Trial