Women's Preventative Care Portion of Obamacare Goes Into Effect Today
August 1 marks the beginning of National Catfish Month, a two-minute warning on summer break and, this year, the debut of the Affordable Healthcare Act's component on women's preventative care. Starting today, some 47 million women have access to free HPV testing; counseling for STD's; counseling and screening for HIV; breast-feeding supplies; support and counseling; domestic violence counseling; and other preventative services. Exempt from the act are certain insurers who have grandfathered status and nonprofit religious organizations ...
Recommended For You
- > Meet the Chestnut Praline Latte, Starbucks' First New Drink in 5 Years
- > Amy Poehler's Next Project: A Church-Themed Comedy
- > CDC Says NBC Cameraman Is Now Ebola-Free
- > Renee Zellweger Will Star in a Movie Based on a Book from ‘Heaven Is For Real’ Author
- > American Detained in North Korea for Leaving Bible at Club Has Been Freed