Women's Preventative Care Portion of Obamacare Goes Into Effect Today
August 1 marks the beginning of National Catfish Month, a two-minute warning on summer break and, this year, the debut of the Affordable Healthcare Act's component on women's preventative care. Starting today, some 47 million women have access to free HPV testing; counseling for STD's; counseling and screening for HIV; breast-feeding supplies; support and counseling; domestic violence counseling; and other preventative services. Exempt from the act are certain insurers who have grandfathered status and nonprofit religious organizations ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > New Report: Number of Abortions in the U.S. Continues to Decline
- > At Least 21 Killed By Boko Haram Suicide Bomber in Nigeria
- > Cards Against Humanity’s Black Friday Sale: Pay $5 for Nothing
- > Study: 41% of Shoppers Feel Like They Need to Spend More Than They Can Afford at Christmas
- > Report: Saudi Arabia Will Behead at Least 50 People in One Day