Woman Finds Note in Used Bookstore's Bible That She Had Written 65 Years Earlier
A 75-year-old woman in California decided she wanted to purchase a Bible to use to compare to a translation she already owned. So she went to a local used bookstore, found one that she liked and purchased it. Perfectly normal chain of events, right? Two months later, while thumbing through her newly-purchased Bible, she found a handwritten letter written by a little girl 65 years ago, hidden between the pages. The letter had her name on it.
She told KNX10 News, “I recognized my handwriting. I hollered. I started shaking. I cried. I had goose bumps.” It turns out, she had written the letter as part of a Girl Scouts assignment more than six decades ago, when she lived 2000 miles away in a small town in Kentucky. In the letter, she reminds herself to “be kind to animals. Do not pick flowers. Don’t walk on the grass.” Now, she’s on a mission to try to find out who put the letter in the Bible, and how it ended up in a used bookshop in California 65 years later …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?