Woman Finds Note in Used Bookstore's Bible That She Had Written 65 Years Earlier
A 75-year-old woman in California decided she wanted to purchase a Bible to use to compare to a translation she already owned. So she went to a local used bookstore, found one that she liked and purchased it. Perfectly normal chain of events, right? Two months later, while thumbing through her newly-purchased Bible, she found a handwritten letter written by a little girl 65 years ago, hidden between the pages. The letter had her name on it.
She told KNX10 News, “I recognized my handwriting. I hollered. I started shaking. I cried. I had goose bumps.” It turns out, she had written the letter as part of a Girl Scouts assignment more than six decades ago, when she lived 2000 miles away in a small town in Kentucky. In the letter, she reminds herself to “be kind to animals. Do not pick flowers. Don’t walk on the grass.” Now, she’s on a mission to try to find out who put the letter in the Bible, and how it ended up in a used bookshop in California 65 years later …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Donald Glover Is the New Lando Calrissian
- > This Guy Films Himself Singing in the Car, But Ends Up Recording His Own Car Accident
- > China Releases a Christian Pastor Jailed 7 Years for Organizing a Prayer Meeting
- > Watch Jimmy Kimmel Hire Doctor Strange to Do Magic Tricks at a Kids’ Party
- > 72 Sex Slaves Freed in an International FBI Sting Operation