Woman Finds Note in Used Bookstore's Bible That She Had Written 65 Years Earlier
A 75-year-old woman in California decided she wanted to purchase a Bible to use to compare to a translation she already owned. So she went to a local used bookstore, found one that she liked and purchased it. Perfectly normal chain of events, right? Two months later, while thumbing through her newly-purchased Bible, she found a handwritten letter written by a little girl 65 years ago, hidden between the pages. The letter had her name on it.
She told KNX10 News, “I recognized my handwriting. I hollered. I started shaking. I cried. I had goose bumps.” It turns out, she had written the letter as part of a Girl Scouts assignment more than six decades ago, when she lived 2000 miles away in a small town in Kentucky. In the letter, she reminds herself to “be kind to animals. Do not pick flowers. Don’t walk on the grass.” Now, she’s on a mission to try to find out who put the letter in the Bible, and how it ended up in a used bookshop in California 65 years later …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Here Are Some Interactive Apple Watch Sample Apps
- > Rikers Inmates Team Up to Save Guard From Sexual Assault
- > Report: Jennifer Lawrence to Star in Spielberg’s New War Film
- > Here's a Crazy New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer
- > Vince Vaughn’s iStock Photos Will Interject Some Life into Your PowerPoint Presentation