The Winner of the Boston Marathon Is Donating His Medal in Honor of Bombing Victims
The winner of this year’s Boston Marathon has announced that he will be giving his medal to the city of Boston to honor the victims of the bombings. At a ceremony in Lelisa Desisa’s home country of Ethiopia, the marathon champion told Secretary of State John Kerry and other attending officials that he wanted to return his medal to the people of the city as a tribute to those who were killed or injured on April 15. He also said that he plans on running the race next year to show the world that “our commitment to our freedom is stronger than any act of violence” …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > There Are No Words to Describe This ‘Star Wars’ LED Christmas Light Display
- > 54 Nigerian Soldiers Have Been Sentenced to Death for Not Fighting Boko Haram
- > Marcel the Shell's 'Landslide' Cover Will Calm Your Fears
- > Now Steve Carrell’s Upcoming North Korea Movie Has Been Canned
- > The Death Penalty Is in Dramatic Decline in the U.S.