The Winner of the Boston Marathon Is Donating His Medal in Honor of Bombing Victims
The winner of this year’s Boston Marathon has announced that he will be giving his medal to the city of Boston to honor the victims of the bombings. At a ceremony in Lelisa Desisa’s home country of Ethiopia, the marathon champion told Secretary of State John Kerry and other attending officials that he wanted to return his medal to the people of the city as a tribute to those who were killed or injured on April 15. He also said that he plans on running the race next year to show the world that “our commitment to our freedom is stronger than any act of violence” …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > U2 Played an Impromptu Concert in the New York Subway
- > Boba Fett Is Getting His Own ‘Star Wars’ Spin-off
- > Louis C.K. to Star in, Direct and Write New Indie Film
- > Want to See a 3,000-Piece Lego ‘Star Wars’ Kit Get Completely Destroyed in Slow Motion?
- > NYPD Officer Dies After Being Shot in the Face