Will Smith Turned Down 'Django Unchained" Role Because It Wasn't the Lead
When rumors of Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained first started making their way around the Internet blogs, it was widely rumored that Will Smith would be playing the titular lead. However, after "scheduling conflicts" forced Smith's departure, Jamie Foxx ended up as the star of one of the year's most talked about films. And, at long last, Smith has come out to explain why he moved on from Tarantino's flick: “Django wasn’t the lead, so it was like, I need to be the lead. The other character was the lead!” Yes. Pity the poor movie-goer who would have to settle to see Will Smith in any role but the lead. And not just the lead, mind you, because Django was most certainly the lead role in Django Unchained. No. Only the lead with a capital "L" is good enough for this man. Stick to your standards, Mr. Smith ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Report Links Earthquakes in the U.S. With Oil Drilling Practices
- > Officials Just Evacuated the Statue of Liberty
- > Disturbing Video Shows Police Shooting Unarmed Black Man
- > Terrorist Network With Links to Bin Laden Busted in Italy
- > Philly Bakery Creates Tebow Pretzel to Welcome Him to the Eagles