Will Smith Turned Down 'Django Unchained" Role Because It Wasn't the Lead
When rumors of Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained first started making their way around the Internet blogs, it was widely rumored that Will Smith would be playing the titular lead. However, after "scheduling conflicts" forced Smith's departure, Jamie Foxx ended up as the star of one of the year's most talked about films. And, at long last, Smith has come out to explain why he moved on from Tarantino's flick: “Django wasn’t the lead, so it was like, I need to be the lead. The other character was the lead!” Yes. Pity the poor movie-goer who would have to settle to see Will Smith in any role but the lead. And not just the lead, mind you, because Django was most certainly the lead role in Django Unchained. No. Only the lead with a capital "L" is good enough for this man. Stick to your standards, Mr. Smith ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Donald Glover Is the New Lando Calrissian
- > This Guy Films Himself Singing in the Car, But Ends Up Recording His Own Car Accident
- > China Releases a Christian Pastor Jailed 7 Years for Organizing a Prayer Meeting
- > Watch Jimmy Kimmel Hire Doctor Strange to Do Magic Tricks at a Kids’ Party
- > 72 Sex Slaves Freed in an International FBI Sting Operation