Why Is Yahoo Being Ordered to Give $2.7 Billion to a Mexican Yellow Pages Directory?
Not everything you read in a day is going to make sense. It makes sense that the Pope would join Twitter. It makes sense that Kate Middleton would be having a royal baby. But one thing that almost no one can make sense of is why Yahoo is being ordered to pay $2.7 billion—about 36 percent of all its money—to Mexico's Worldwide Directories and Ideas Interactivas, a yellow pages listings company. Yahoo won't talk about it, and the Mexican courts are keeping silent on the issue, so just what they did that blew up so expensively is a mystery. Yahoo said that it "believes the plaintiffs' claims are without merit and will vigorously pursue all appeals," so who even knows what's going on ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- Scientists Are Calling for the Rio Olympics to Be Postponed or Moved Because of Public Health Concerns100
- Henry Heimlich Finally Got to Use His Famous Maneuver39
- ‘Boxcar Children' Movies Are in the Works So Millennials Can Relive Their Book Fair Glory Days6,126
- Here’s What Jesus Meant When He Said, “Sell Everything And Give It to the Poor.”561
- > Scientists Are Calling for the Rio Olympics to Be Postponed or Moved Because of Public Health Concerns
- > Henry Heimlich Finally Got to Use His Famous Maneuver
- > ‘Boxcar Children' Movies Are in the Works So Millennials Can Relive Their Book Fair Glory Days
- > Science: People Who Are Workaholics Are More Likely to Suffer From Anxiety, Depression and ADHD
- > This Dude Proposed to His Girlfriend with a Custom ‘Super Mario Bros.’ Level