Why Does Everyone Think Neil Armstrong Just Died This Morning?
If you're scrolling through your Twitter and Facebook feed, you may be seeing a few people posting their eulogies for Neil Armstrong—the first man to walk on the moon and a great American hero—as if he died this morning. Of course, Mr. Armstrong passed away a year ago, but the Internet's got a pretty short memory retention, and he's currently trending on Twitter. What happened was this: around midnight, a few people posted ABC's year-old story about Mr. Armstrong's death in commemoration of the one year since his passing. However, the article headline—"Neil Armstrong, First Man on the Moon, Is Dead"—got the denizens of Twitter thinking this had just happened. One thing led to another and here we are. Well, it should come as no surprise that a man of Neil Armstrong's stature just won't fade into history without a fight ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Report Links Earthquakes in the U.S. With Oil Drilling Practices
- > Officials Just Evacuated the Statue of Liberty
- > Disturbing Video Shows Police Shooting Unarmed Black Man
- > Terrorist Network With Links to Bin Laden Busted in Italy
- > Philly Bakery Creates Tebow Pretzel to Welcome Him to the Eagles