Why Does Everyone Think Neil Armstrong Just Died This Morning?
If you're scrolling through your Twitter and Facebook feed, you may be seeing a few people posting their eulogies for Neil Armstrong—the first man to walk on the moon and a great American hero—as if he died this morning. Of course, Mr. Armstrong passed away a year ago, but the Internet's got a pretty short memory retention, and he's currently trending on Twitter. What happened was this: around midnight, a few people posted ABC's year-old story about Mr. Armstrong's death in commemoration of the one year since his passing. However, the article headline—"Neil Armstrong, First Man on the Moon, Is Dead"—got the denizens of Twitter thinking this had just happened. One thing led to another and here we are. Well, it should come as no surprise that a man of Neil Armstrong's stature just won't fade into history without a fight ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > ‘Fixer Upper’ Couple: ‘Our Family Has Made a Commitment to Put Christ First’
- > What the Bible Says About How to Treat Refugees
- > Report: Justin Bieber Turned a Concert into a Church Service
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > The Definitive Ranking of Insanely Awesome Christian Album Covers
- > ‘Will It Blend’ Gives Jar Jar Binks the Ending He Deserves
- > Verizon Ad: Turn Off Your Phone and Spend Time with Family
- > Pizzeria Closes for Business on Thanksgiving, But Opens to Anyone in Need of a Free Meal
- > Businessman Buys Dinner for 400 Military Service Members in the Airport
- > Nickelodeon Is Making a ‘Hey Arnold’ Movie