Who Wants to Buy Bushmaster?
Bushmaster—the gun manufacturer of the rifle used in the Newtown, Conn., shootings—is being sold by its owner, the private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management. Cerberus acquired Bushmaster in 2006 and merged it with other gun companies to form the large and lucrative firearms manufacturer Freedom Group. But, having noted in a press release that "it is apparent that the Sandy Hook tragedy was a watershed event that has raised the national debate on gun control to an unprecedented level,” Cerberus is getting rid of its gun assets. This could be the first in a trend ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Satanic Temple Brings an After-School Satan Club To Portland Elementary School
- > Here’s an Easy Way to Figure Out If You’re Registered to Vote
- > Lecrae Teamed Up with Leon Bridges on a Song for ‘Birth of a Nation’
- > An iPal Robot Has Been Developed To Take Care Of Kids And Its Pretty Creepy
- > This Insane Slackline Video Will Make You Break Out in a Cold Sweat