Who Wants to Buy Bushmaster?
Bushmaster—the gun manufacturer of the rifle used in the Newtown, Conn., shootings—is being sold by its owner, the private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management. Cerberus acquired Bushmaster in 2006 and merged it with other gun companies to form the large and lucrative firearms manufacturer Freedom Group. But, having noted in a press release that "it is apparent that the Sandy Hook tragedy was a watershed event that has raised the national debate on gun control to an unprecedented level,” Cerberus is getting rid of its gun assets. This could be the first in a trend ...
Recommended For You
- > Steve Carell Is Teaming Up with Charlie Kaufman for a New Sci-Fi Comedy
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > New Zealand Air’s Hobbit-Themed Safety Video Is a Middle Earth Masterpiece
- > Matthew McConaughey's Marriage Advice Actually Isn't Half Bad
- > This Is What a ‘Parks and Rec’ Themed Wedding Looks Like