Who Is This Little Girl Found In a Gypsy Camp?
The world's attention has been caught by the mystery of a young blonde girl who was discovered in a Roma camp. The girl was discovered by police who doubted the story the people who said they were her parents gave them on account of her pale skin. A DNA test confirmed that the "parents"—Christos Salis and Eleftheria Dimopoulou—were not actually related to her. But who she is remains an enigma.
Known only as "Maria" and believed to be between 4 and 6 years old, police in Greece have been soliciting help from all over the world to try and find who she is, how she came to live in Europe and, most importantly, where she belongs. Salis and Dimopoulou are now saying that a destitute mother gave Maria to them, but police aren't so sure. Several outlets are reporting that the girl might belong to a Bulgarian couple in the area, but police have also received several leads in America.
The case has European gypsies—already a much maligned group—worried about potential backlash. They're often pegged as children stealers, and have spent a good deal of time trying to refute the stereotype ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > Why I Go To Church Even When I Don’t Feel Like It
- > Candace Cameron Bure Is the Newest Co-Host of ‘The View’
- > 3 Ways Christians Turn People Off from Church
- > Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack
- > Despite His Best Attempt, This Australian Man Can't Evade Cops by Driving into the Ocean
- > Report: 11 Christian Aid Workers and Child Tortured and Killed by ISIS
- > Shark Attacks Teen, Teen Attacks Shark
- > Will Smith to Finally Catch Up with Pal DJ Jazzy Jeff
- > California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Measure