Which American Stereotypes Are True?
Q&A forum Quora asked foreigners what rumors they'd heard about America that they didn't believe were true until they actually came and found out for themselves. The answers make for some fascinating, very funny (and occasionally sad) reading about how America is perceived overseas and what quirks we take for granted. Some choice examples:
Under-dressing in cold weather. Shoes (flip-flops?) + tshirt + cardigan + scarf = winter city outfit often seen in subway and public places when it is REALLY cold outside.
Fruit and vegetable prices, compared to fast food prices. A box of strawberries: $7 Big Mac : $1. HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK?
There actually is an accepted piece of clothing called a 'wife-beater'.
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > Tom Hardy’s Film Premiere Date Was a Real Dog
- > “Only James Bond Can Be James Bond” Steven Spielberg on His New Spy Film
- > Here's Bear Grylls Praying Over President Obama
- > Lucille Ball Lives: Cate Blanchett Will Play the Actress in an Upcoming Film
- > Same-Sex Couple Married in Kentucky County After Clerk Jailed