Which American Stereotypes Are True?
Q&A forum Quora asked foreigners what rumors they'd heard about America that they didn't believe were true until they actually came and found out for themselves. The answers make for some fascinating, very funny (and occasionally sad) reading about how America is perceived overseas and what quirks we take for granted. Some choice examples:
Under-dressing in cold weather. Shoes (flip-flops?) + tshirt + cardigan + scarf = winter city outfit often seen in subway and public places when it is REALLY cold outside.
Fruit and vegetable prices, compared to fast food prices. A box of strawberries: $7 Big Mac : $1. HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK?
There actually is an accepted piece of clothing called a 'wife-beater'.
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > Starbucks Has Made a ‘Caramel Waffle Cone’ Frappuccino Proving Fraps Are Basically Liquid Candy
- > A New Harriet Tubman Biopic Is in the Works
- > Two American Medical Missionaries Were Murdered in Jamaica This Weekend
- > Meet the Mysterious Inventor of Bitcoin: Australian Entrepreneur Craig Wright
- > Update: Will Ferrell Will No Longer Be in the Controversial Ronald Reagan Movie