Which American Stereotypes Are True?
Q&A forum Quora asked foreigners what rumors they'd heard about America that they didn't believe were true until they actually came and found out for themselves. The answers make for some fascinating, very funny (and occasionally sad) reading about how America is perceived overseas and what quirks we take for granted. Some choice examples:
Under-dressing in cold weather. Shoes (flip-flops?) + tshirt + cardigan + scarf = winter city outfit often seen in subway and public places when it is REALLY cold outside.
Fruit and vegetable prices, compared to fast food prices. A box of strawberries: $7 Big Mac : $1. HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK?
There actually is an accepted piece of clothing called a 'wife-beater'.
Recommended For You
- > In Honor of 'Batman Day', Here's the Newest Animated 'Batman' Short
- > Just a Picture of Jack White Having the Time of His Life at a Baseball Game
- > Passenger Plane Crash Lands In Taiwan: At Least 51 Dead
- > Marvel at the Speed of the World’s Fastest Bus Boy
- > Ed Helms and Hilary Swank to Star in TV Drama Series about Organic Farming