Washington Hands Out First Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
Washington's new law legalizing same-sex marriages went into effect on midnight Thursday, and the state is bracing itself for hundreds of applications from gay and lesbian couples who are ready to tie the knot. Washington's the first of three states that passed laws legalizing same-sex marriage to actually put the law into effect. It will be joined by Maine on December 29 and Maryland on the first of January ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > A '20/20' Special Will Look at an American Hostage Captured By ISIS for Her Christian Faith
- > 28 More Companies Sign White House Pledge to Close Gender Wage Gap
- > An Artist Left a Gown in the Dead Sea and It Came Out Even More Beautiful
- > Worldwide Outrage Causes France to Overturn Burkini Ban
- > 2 Mississippi Nuns Found Dead in Their Home, Community Reacts