Washington Hands Out First Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
Washington's new law legalizing same-sex marriages went into effect on midnight Thursday, and the state is bracing itself for hundreds of applications from gay and lesbian couples who are ready to tie the knot. Washington's the first of three states that passed laws legalizing same-sex marriage to actually put the law into effect. It will be joined by Maine on December 29 and Maryland on the first of January ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Duplass Brothers Are Writing a Probably Socially Awkward Book
- > Lionsgate Films Apologizes for the Lack of Diversity in ‘Gods of Egypt’
- > President Obama Pledges to Fight Climate Change at UN Conference
- > Activist Group Is Shaming Racists By Putting Their Hateful Tweets on Billboards
- > Officer Who Shot Chicago Teen 17 Times Is Now Out on Bail