Warner Bros. Had a 'Man of Steel' Sermon Written
There's been a lot of talk about all the Christological parallels in Man of Steel and, if you've seen it, you know the filmmakers embraced the metaphor whole-heartedly. But the Man of Steel marketing team was even more enthusiastic about it, going so far as to pay Craig Detweiler at Pepperdine University to write a sermon called "Jesus: the Original Superhero" that pastors could use. On the one hand, sure. The parallels are certainly there (we at RELEVANT certainly didn't ignore them) and they should be discussed from the pulpit. On the other hand, having a sermon written at the request of a film's marketing campaign is raising some eyebrows. What do you think? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Late Night: Bernie Sanders Will Be on ‘Colbert’ and Donald Trump Will Be on ‘Fallon’
- > R.C. Sproul Jr. Suspended from Ministry after Admitting to ‘Visiting’ Ashley Madison
- > SpongeBob Squarepants Invites a Few Famous Friends to His Broadway Debut
- > County Clerk Defies Supreme Court Order to Issue Marriage Licenses to Same-Sex Couples
- > And Now, a Weatherman Falling into a Pool on Live TV