Warner Bros. Had a 'Man of Steel' Sermon Written
There's been a lot of talk about all the Christological parallels in Man of Steel and, if you've seen it, you know the filmmakers embraced the metaphor whole-heartedly. But the Man of Steel marketing team was even more enthusiastic about it, going so far as to pay Craig Detweiler at Pepperdine University to write a sermon called "Jesus: the Original Superhero" that pastors could use. On the one hand, sure. The parallels are certainly there (we at RELEVANT certainly didn't ignore them) and they should be discussed from the pulpit. On the other hand, having a sermon written at the request of a film's marketing campaign is raising some eyebrows. What do you think? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Tracy Morgan Says He Had an Encounter with God After His Accident
- > Got the Post-Holiday Mondays? Here Are the Unreal Star Wars Impressions Your Day Needs
- > University of Chicago Campus Shut Down Due to Threats of Gun Violence
- > Here’s a New Look at Amazon’s 30-Minute Drone Delivery System
- > Taylor Swift Met with a Young Fan Who May Soon Lose Her Hearing