Warner Bros. Had a 'Man of Steel' Sermon Written
There's been a lot of talk about all the Christological parallels in Man of Steel and, if you've seen it, you know the filmmakers embraced the metaphor whole-heartedly. But the Man of Steel marketing team was even more enthusiastic about it, going so far as to pay Craig Detweiler at Pepperdine University to write a sermon called "Jesus: the Original Superhero" that pastors could use. On the one hand, sure. The parallels are certainly there (we at RELEVANT certainly didn't ignore them) and they should be discussed from the pulpit. On the other hand, having a sermon written at the request of a film's marketing campaign is raising some eyebrows. What do you think? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day