Warner Bros. Had a 'Man of Steel' Sermon Written
There's been a lot of talk about all the Christological parallels in Man of Steel and, if you've seen it, you know the filmmakers embraced the metaphor whole-heartedly. But the Man of Steel marketing team was even more enthusiastic about it, going so far as to pay Craig Detweiler at Pepperdine University to write a sermon called "Jesus: the Original Superhero" that pastors could use. On the one hand, sure. The parallels are certainly there (we at RELEVANT certainly didn't ignore them) and they should be discussed from the pulpit. On the other hand, having a sermon written at the request of a film's marketing campaign is raising some eyebrows. What do you think? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President