Wal-Mart Pledges to Hire 100,000 Veterans
Wal-Mart, which says it already employs more vets than any other private employer, is committing to hire 100,000 veterans over the next five years. Essentially, if you're a veteran and need a job, Wal-Mart is pledging to hire you. The deal kicks in on Memorial Day and covers every veteran within 12 months of active duty. "Let's be clear; hiring a veteran can be one of the best decisions any of us can make," says CEO and president Bill Simon. "Veterans have a record of performance under pressure. They're quick learners, and they're team players" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > Lawmakers Vote Against Making the Bible the ‘Official Book’ of Tennessee
- > Jay-Z Is Personally Calling Tidal Subscribers to Thank Them
- > Ryan Gosling in Talks to Star in the ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel
- > Matthew McConaughey Got Extremely Emotional Watching the ‘Star Wars’ Trailer (Wink)
- > E-Cigarette Use Up, Cigarette Use Drops Among U.S. Youth