Viral Marketing Prank May Have Gone Too Far
A marketing stunt promoting the new movie Dead Man Down has some critics saying that the viral video agency behind the prank went too far. The campaign asks, “What would you do if you walked in on a murder in progress?” Here’s the set up: Hidden cameras were rigged in and around an elevator. When the doors opened to the awaiting victim, they would see one man attempting to strangle another. The cameras capture the victims’ reactions. Some shriek in horror; some run away; several try to intervene.
Though Thinkmodo, the group behind the stunt says it was all done in a controlled environment and the victims were told they’d be a part of a “focus group”, this one seems to have crossed the line of good taste (and even amusement). It’s not the group’s first controversial viral video stunt. Last year, they caused a stir when they unleashed several remote controlled “flying men” over New York (video below) promoting the movie Chronicle…
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President