Victory: New Yorkers' Right to Hunt Bigfoot Has Been Upheld
This Thanksgiving, when you're sitting at the table and it's your turn to say what you're thankful for, you can list the usual platitudes about freedom of religion and assembly or whatever, but it would be short-sighted and irresponsible to neglect one of the greatest American freedoms of all, one that was just upheld in New York on Tuesday: The American right to hunt Bigfoot. Peter Wierner of the Chautauqua Lake Bigfoot Expo (The Chautauqua Lake Bigfoot Expo) recently wrote to the Department of Environmental Conservation looking to ban hunting Bigfoot, which is just another reminder that our freedoms are always under assault and they necessitate constant vigilance. Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed and state officials wrote back that, "No program or action in relation to mythical animals is warranted." Ignoring the slightly patronizing jab about "mythical animals," everyone can rest easy, knowing that Uncle Sam is keeping his hands off of your right to eradicate Bigfoot ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > A Russian Orthodox Church Leader Has Been Arrested as Laws Banning Evangelism Take Effect
- > Watch St. Paul and the Broken Bones Play Their Soulful New Song 'All I Ever Wonder’ on Colbert
- > ‘White Lives Matter’ Has Officially Been Declared a Hate Group
- > In New Zealand, the Future of Pizza Delivery Is Now
- > This Hammered Dulcimer Cover of 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World' Is the Coolest Music Performance You’ll See Today