Valedictorian Rips Up Speech, Says Lord’s Prayer
A recent decision by the Pickens County School District prohibits prayers from being a part of local graduations after the district received several complaints about the practice from atheist groups. In response, the valedictorian of South Carolina’s Liberty High School tore up a copy of his written, pre-approved speech, and instead recited the Lord’s Prayer from the podium. A spokesperson for the school district said that the graduating student would receive no disciplinary action. He told Christian News, “The bottom line is, we’re not going to punish students for expressing their religious faiths” …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today