Valedictorian Rips Up Speech, Says Lord’s Prayer
A recent decision by the Pickens County School District prohibits prayers from being a part of local graduations after the district received several complaints about the practice from atheist groups. In response, the valedictorian of South Carolina’s Liberty High School tore up a copy of his written, pre-approved speech, and instead recited the Lord’s Prayer from the podium. A spokesperson for the school district said that the graduating student would receive no disciplinary action. He told Christian News, “The bottom line is, we’re not going to punish students for expressing their religious faiths” …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet