U.S. Will Give Weapons to Syrian Rebels
Two years after officials scoffed at the idea of arming rebels fighting government forces in Syria, the White House announced yesterday that they will move forward with a plan to send weapons to Syrian fighters. The U.N. estimates that more than 93,000 people have been killed in Syria since the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad ignited a massive conflict in the country. The Syrian government has been accused of using chemical weapons on its own people, and women and children are among those killed in the fighting.
The plan from the White House has now received bi-partisan support after administration officials assured congressional leaders that measures would be taken so that the weapons wouldn’t fall into the wrong hands. Not everyone agrees with the plan though. Representative Adam Schiff, a Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told Reuters, "It's too late to affect the outcome with a small amount of arms" …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Donald Glover Is the New Lando Calrissian
- > This Guy Films Himself Singing in the Car, But Ends Up Recording His Own Car Accident
- > China Releases a Christian Pastor Jailed 7 Years for Organizing a Prayer Meeting
- > Watch Jimmy Kimmel Hire Doctor Strange to Do Magic Tricks at a Kids’ Party
- > 72 Sex Slaves Freed in an International FBI Sting Operation