U.S. Will Give Weapons to Syrian Rebels
Two years after officials scoffed at the idea of arming rebels fighting government forces in Syria, the White House announced yesterday that they will move forward with a plan to send weapons to Syrian fighters. The U.N. estimates that more than 93,000 people have been killed in Syria since the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad ignited a massive conflict in the country. The Syrian government has been accused of using chemical weapons on its own people, and women and children are among those killed in the fighting.
The plan from the White House has now received bi-partisan support after administration officials assured congressional leaders that measures would be taken so that the weapons wouldn’t fall into the wrong hands. Not everyone agrees with the plan though. Representative Adam Schiff, a Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told Reuters, "It's too late to affect the outcome with a small amount of arms" …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > ‘Fixer Upper’ Couple: ‘Our Family Has Made a Commitment to Put Christ First’
- > What the Bible Says About How to Treat Refugees
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > The Definitive Ranking of Insanely Awesome Christian Album Covers
- > Report: Justin Bieber Turned a Concert into a Church Service
- > A 'Friday Night Lights' Musical is Coming
- > 5 Black Lives Matter Demonstrators Were Shot in Minneapolis Last Night
- > Officer Charged with Murder for Shooting Black Teen 16 Times
- > Netflix to Release an Original Indie Film Written by Bob Odenkirk
- > White Christians Are No Longer the Majority in the U.S.