U.S. Will Give Weapons to Syrian Rebels
Two years after officials scoffed at the idea of arming rebels fighting government forces in Syria, the White House announced yesterday that they will move forward with a plan to send weapons to Syrian fighters. The U.N. estimates that more than 93,000 people have been killed in Syria since the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad ignited a massive conflict in the country. The Syrian government has been accused of using chemical weapons on its own people, and women and children are among those killed in the fighting.
The plan from the White House has now received bi-partisan support after administration officials assured congressional leaders that measures would be taken so that the weapons wouldn’t fall into the wrong hands. Not everyone agrees with the plan though. Representative Adam Schiff, a Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told Reuters, "It's too late to affect the outcome with a small amount of arms" …
Recommended For You
- > ISIS Killed 600 Prisoners at Point Black Range
- > Teaser: Netflix's New Original Series, 'Bloodline'.
- > OK. Fine. Katy Perry's Halloween Costume Is Great.
- > Another Day, Another New Harry Potter Story from JK Rowling
- > Homemade Transformers Halloween Costumes Show the True Possibilities of Cardboard and Glue