U.S. Sends Bombers to Korean Peninsula on ‘Deterrence Mission’
The United States has flown two of the military’s most highly advanced stealth bombers to the Korean Peninsula on what they are calling an "extended deterrence mission". The nuclear-capable planes will drop dummy bombs, in what is essentially a warning to North Korea.
The reclusive military regime in North Korea has recently released a series of cryptic (and often comically bad) videos, depicting everything from an exploding Capital Building, to invasions of South Korea and the United States. The nation’s young dictator, Kim Jong Un, is seen as increasingly unpredictable. He recently defied U.N. regulations and drew international criticism by engaging in extended nuclear weapons testing …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Nachos Become a Sad Casualty of an MLB Foul Ball
- > Study: Millennials May Be the Least Religious Generation in American History
- > Google’s ‘Undo Send’ Feature Is Now Available to Everyone
- > ISIS Attacks Hotels in Baghdad and Mosques in Saudi Arabia
- > MIT’s Robo-Cheetah Now Hurdles Obstacles. Sweet Dreams.