U.S. Navy Has Unveiled a Laser Cannon
The United States Navy is preparing to deploy its first laser cannon-equipped ship. The futuristic weapon is capable of shooting down drones and stopping enemy vessels. But according to Navy research officials, the real benefit is cost savings—the electricity powered laser cost about $1 a shot to use; that’s compared to hundreds of thousands of dollars to shoot just one missile with conventional canons. You can watch a video of the laser in action below. In addition to the laser cannons, the Navy is currently looking into several other futuristic money-saving weapons like the ammo-free energy sword, the alien technology-powered plasma rifles and this purple, flying wave-runner thing …
Recommended For You
- > Obama Tells Religious Heckler, ‘I Believe in God. Thanks for the Prayer'
- > Liberian Officials May Quarantine Entire Communities as Ebola Outbreak Grows
- > Here Are the Worst Meals in America
- > This Dude Built a Roller Coaster in His Parents' Backyard
- > The New Trailer for Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' Is Just Incredible