U.S. Navy Has Unveiled a Laser Cannon
The United States Navy is preparing to deploy its first laser cannon-equipped ship. The futuristic weapon is capable of shooting down drones and stopping enemy vessels. But according to Navy research officials, the real benefit is cost savings—the electricity powered laser cost about $1 a shot to use; that’s compared to hundreds of thousands of dollars to shoot just one missile with conventional canons. You can watch a video of the laser in action below. In addition to the laser cannons, the Navy is currently looking into several other futuristic money-saving weapons like the ammo-free energy sword, the alien technology-powered plasma rifles and this purple, flying wave-runner thing …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > California Is About to Raise the Legal Age for Smoking and Vaping to 21
- > Drake Is Going to Host and Perform as a Musical Guest on May 14’s ‘SNL’
- > Lecrae Talks About His Song 'Deja Vu' on 'Fallon'
- > Enjoy This Dance-Inspired ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Remix
- > Report: Lebron’s ‘Space Jam 2’ Is Finally Happening