U.S. Navy Has Unveiled a Laser Cannon
The United States Navy is preparing to deploy its first laser cannon-equipped ship. The futuristic weapon is capable of shooting down drones and stopping enemy vessels. But according to Navy research officials, the real benefit is cost savings—the electricity powered laser cost about $1 a shot to use; that’s compared to hundreds of thousands of dollars to shoot just one missile with conventional canons. You can watch a video of the laser in action below. In addition to the laser cannons, the Navy is currently looking into several other futuristic money-saving weapons like the ammo-free energy sword, the alien technology-powered plasma rifles and this purple, flying wave-runner thing …
Recommended For You
- > Kenny G Thinks He Gave Starbucks the Idea for the Frappuccino, and Who Are We to Argue?
- > Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat,' as Is Her Right as an American
- > The ‘Steve Jobs’ Movie Is Definitely Happening
- > Report: A City of 2 Million People Is Surrounded by Boko Haram Militants
- > GoDaddy Pulls Super Bowl Ad Amidst Outrage