US Army Unviels Its New Chemical Weapons-Destroying System
If Syria goes through with its plan to hand over its nearly 1,000 tons of chemical weapons, the stockpile must be safely destroyed. And, if necessary, the Army may deploy its own new anti-weapon: A portable, super-efficient chemical weapons-destroying facility. This summer, the US Department of Defense unveiled the mobile system that what be up for just the task. “The Field Deployable Hydrolysis System” uses superheated chemicals to neutralize everything from mustard gas to nerve agents like sarin. The easily moveable structure is so effective (it destroys the weapons with 99.9% efficiency) that it can take over 25 metric tons of chemical weapons per day. Yeah, science! …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Here's Your First Look at 'Pan'
- > The Internet Is Loving Odell Beckham's Amazing Catch
- > Superhero-Loving Girl Is Not Impressed with Store’s Ad about ‘Gifts for Boys’
- > NFL Star Gets Emotional After Scoring Touchdown for Daughter Born Hours Before
- > Report: Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Has Been Asked to Resign