UN Report on Syrian Conflict: Child Soldiers, Human Rights Violations and Chemical Weapons
According to a new UN report, conditions in Syria have reached "new levels of brutality," and children are among the victims of human rights violations. They estimated that at least 80,000 people have been killed in the region and that chemical weapons were used. They have also uncovered evidence of torture and massacres as “war crimes and crimes against humanity have become a daily reality.” The new report does not call for military intervention, but asks the international community—who are increasingly polarized about the conflict—to help negotiate a peaceful resolution …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > A 'Friday Night Lights' Musical is Coming
- > 5 Black Lives Matter Demonstrators Were Shot in Minneapolis Last Night
- > Officer Charged with Murder for Shooting Black Teen 16 Times
- > Netflix to Release an Original Indie Film Written by Bob Odenkirk
- > White Christians Are No Longer the Majority in the U.S.