Um, Spiders Are Building Sculptures of Themselves Now?
Most people fall into one of two camps when it comes to spiders. There's the little camp that finds them sort of interesting and there's the big camp that gets reduced to shrieking sobs at the sight of them. But we're all about to be in the same camp of sheer terror now, because a species of spider has been discovered that builds giant decoys of itself out of dead leaves and twigs. In other words, we're talking about tiny horror factories that have achieved enough self-awareness to replicate themselves, hang those replicas from their own webs and watch in cruel glee as predators (and, according to this Wired article, biologists) get confused. Perfect. Eagles stealing babies. Giant mysterious sea creatures. And now spiders making other spiders. The top of the food chain has been fun while it lasted ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > Regina George’s House from ‘Mean Girls’ On Sale for $14.8 Million
- > And Now, ‘Amazing Grace’ Performed Entirely with Air Horns
- > Netflix’s ‘A Very Murray Christmas’ Looks Like a Somber Affair
- > Myanmar Government Saves 200 Migrants Packed in Dangerous Boat
- > Here’s the Moving Trailer for ‘Batkid Begins’