Tyler Perry Film Causes Flight to Be Diverted
The parents of two small children, ages 8 and 4, weren’t very happy when their recent United flight decided to show the PG-13 detective film Alex Cross on all of the plane’s monitors. The couple asked the flight attendants to please close the screens over their seats. They claimed they did not want their children to be exposed to the film’s violent content, though more than likely, they did not want to be exposed to Tyler Perry terribly miscast as a brilliant detective. Seriously—this is a role that used to be portrayed by the amazing Morgan Freeman, and they gave it to the guy who plays Madea?!
When they were informed that closing the monitors was not possible, they then asked the captain to correct the situation. Though, the family says “no voices were raised and no threats, implicit or explicit, of any kind were made”, the plane’s pilot decided to divert the flight for an emergency landing, because he felt the confrontation caused a “security concern”. To be fair to the family though, Alex Cross only has a 12% rating on the Tomatometer, and they were actually doing a favor to everyone on that flight …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter' 1
- Instead of Sending Him to Jail, Officer Prays with Grieving Man and Drives Him 100 Miles to Be With His Family2
- Why 'Designated Survivor' Is the Show America Needs2
- Should You Support Your Friends Even When You Think They're Wrong?2
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > The Fatal Shooting of Another Unarmed Black Man Sparks Protests in San Diego
- > Tom Hanks Crashes a Couple’s Wedding Photos, Remains the Best
- > Instead of Sending Him to Jail, Officer Prays with Grieving Man and Drives Him 100 Miles to Be With His Family
- > Here’s Usain Bolt Easily Beating James Corden and Owen Wilson in a Foot Race