Tyler Perry Film Causes Flight to Be Diverted
The parents of two small children, ages 8 and 4, weren’t very happy when their recent United flight decided to show the PG-13 detective film Alex Cross on all of the plane’s monitors. The couple asked the flight attendants to please close the screens over their seats. They claimed they did not want their children to be exposed to the film’s violent content, though more than likely, they did not want to be exposed to Tyler Perry terribly miscast as a brilliant detective. Seriously—this is a role that used to be portrayed by the amazing Morgan Freeman, and they gave it to the guy who plays Madea?!
When they were informed that closing the monitors was not possible, they then asked the captain to correct the situation. Though, the family says “no voices were raised and no threats, implicit or explicit, of any kind were made”, the plane’s pilot decided to divert the flight for an emergency landing, because he felt the confrontation caused a “security concern”. To be fair to the family though, Alex Cross only has a 12% rating on the Tomatometer, and they were actually doing a favor to everyone on that flight …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President