TSA Found Record Number of Guns in Carry-Ons Last Year
Transportation Security Administration found a record high number of guns in carry-ons in 2015—20 percent more than they found in 2014. Of the 2,653 guns TSA found in luggage, 83 percent were loaded. The firearms were found in a total of 236 airports, with the highest numbers coming from Dallas/Fort Worth International, Houston's George H. W. Bush Intercontinental and Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta. TSA attributes the rise in numbers to better security measures and an influx in traveling. TSA Administrator Peter V. Neffenger said, "The transport of firearms by commercial air in carry-on bags represents a threat to the safety and security of air travelers. Through increased training in detection methods, our officers are becoming more adept at intercepting these prohibited items."
Recommended For You
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President