TSA Found Record Number of Guns in Carry-Ons Last Year
Transportation Security Administration found a record high number of guns in carry-ons in 2015—20 percent more than they found in 2014. Of the 2,653 guns TSA found in luggage, 83 percent were loaded. The firearms were found in a total of 236 airports, with the highest numbers coming from Dallas/Fort Worth International, Houston's George H. W. Bush Intercontinental and Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta. TSA attributes the rise in numbers to better security measures and an influx in traveling. TSA Administrator Peter V. Neffenger said, "The transport of firearms by commercial air in carry-on bags represents a threat to the safety and security of air travelers. Through increased training in detection methods, our officers are becoming more adept at intercepting these prohibited items."
Recommended For You
- > Start Your Morning with This Video of a T-Rex Doing Tricks on a Jet Ski, Because Why Not?
- > Watch This Father of the Bride Pull the ‘Ole ‘I Just Dropped the Wedding Cake' Prank
- > Here’s the New Trailer for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'
- > Tebow Hit a Homerun on the First Pitch of His Pro Baseball Career
- > Disney Is Remaking ‘The Lion King’ for $ome Rea$on