TSA Found Record Number of Guns in Carry-Ons Last Year
Transportation Security Administration found a record high number of guns in carry-ons in 2015—20 percent more than they found in 2014. Of the 2,653 guns TSA found in luggage, 83 percent were loaded. The firearms were found in a total of 236 airports, with the highest numbers coming from Dallas/Fort Worth International, Houston's George H. W. Bush Intercontinental and Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta. TSA attributes the rise in numbers to better security measures and an influx in traveling. TSA Administrator Peter V. Neffenger said, "The transport of firearms by commercial air in carry-on bags represents a threat to the safety and security of air travelers. Through increased training in detection methods, our officers are becoming more adept at intercepting these prohibited items."
Recommended For You
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Selling Custom Flannel Shirts Is the Most Bon Iver Thing Bon Iver Has Ever Done
- > A NJ Preschool Expelled a Toddler With Down Syndrome, Now They're Being Sued
- > Jesus’ ‘Burial Slab’ Was Just Uncovered in Jerusalem After Being Hidden from View for 5 Centuries
- > HBO Will Air 'Cormoran Strike' Based on J.K. Rowling's Crime Books
- > Two-Thirds of All Wild Animals Could Be Extinct by 2020