Trayvon Martin’s Parents: ‘As Christians We Must Forgive Zimmerman’
In an interview with the BBC, the parents of Trayvon Martin said that they know they must forgive George Zimmerman, though they are “just not there yet.” Zimmerman was recently acquitted of second-degree murder, after he shot the unarmed teen during a confrontation in February of 2012. Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, said that she knows forgiveness is part of the healing process, and “as Christians we have to forgive.” But she added, “It's a process, and we are still going through that healing process." As The Christian Post points out, in a recent interview with NBC’s Today Show, Trayvon Martin’s father, Tracy Martin, said, “The Bible says you have to forgive and forget but the healing process is a long process and forgiveness is a long process.” Fulton said that the family is now committed “to being some type of positive influence" and will work to reform self-defense laws …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Yolanda Adams’ Glorious Late-Night Performance
- > Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack
- > Is Coldplay’s Final Album on the Way?
- > Charges Dropped Against Guitar Shredding Hero Arrested for Playing National Anthem on July 4
- > Tragedy: Bodies of Dozens of Migrants Found in Box Truck in Austria