Trayvon Martin’s Parents: ‘As Christians We Must Forgive Zimmerman’
In an interview with the BBC, the parents of Trayvon Martin said that they know they must forgive George Zimmerman, though they are “just not there yet.” Zimmerman was recently acquitted of second-degree murder, after he shot the unarmed teen during a confrontation in February of 2012. Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, said that she knows forgiveness is part of the healing process, and “as Christians we have to forgive.” But she added, “It's a process, and we are still going through that healing process." As The Christian Post points out, in a recent interview with NBC’s Today Show, Trayvon Martin’s father, Tracy Martin, said, “The Bible says you have to forgive and forget but the healing process is a long process and forgiveness is a long process.” Fulton said that the family is now committed “to being some type of positive influence" and will work to reform self-defense laws …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?