Today, Besse Cooper Turned 116 Years Young
Besse Cooper, the world's oldest woman, celebrated her 116th birthday today at her home in Monroe, Ga. She was born in Tennessee in 1896 (!) and moved to Georgia in 1917, where she's been ever since. When asked for the secret to her remarkable lifespan, Mrs. Cooper said, “I mind my own business, and I don’t eat junk food.”
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course
- > Facebook Is Going to Bring Free Internet to 100 Countries
- > K-Cup Creator Feels Bad about All the Pollution Invention Has Caused
- > Protestors Arrested in Ferguson Following Release of DOJ Report