Today, Besse Cooper Turned 116 Years Young
Besse Cooper, the world's oldest woman, celebrated her 116th birthday today at her home in Monroe, Ga. She was born in Tennessee in 1896 (!) and moved to Georgia in 1917, where she's been ever since. When asked for the secret to her remarkable lifespan, Mrs. Cooper said, “I mind my own business, and I don’t eat junk food.”
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal