Today, Besse Cooper Turned 116 Years Young
Besse Cooper, the world's oldest woman, celebrated her 116th birthday today at her home in Monroe, Ga. She was born in Tennessee in 1896 (!) and moved to Georgia in 1917, where she's been ever since. When asked for the secret to her remarkable lifespan, Mrs. Cooper said, “I mind my own business, and I don’t eat junk food.”
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > ISIS Stages Mass Execution with What Appear to Be Child Fighters
- > And Now, a Waterskiing Squirrel Filmed with a GoPro Camera
- > ‘A.D.: The Bible Continues’ Cancelled by NBC; Could Come Back Online
- > Discovery Channel Wants Fans of Non-Fictional Sharks to Watch Shark Week Again
- > Survey: 53% of Americans Think God Has a ‘Special Relationship’ with the U.S.A.