Today, Besse Cooper Turned 116 Years Young
Besse Cooper, the world's oldest woman, celebrated her 116th birthday today at her home in Monroe, Ga. She was born in Tennessee in 1896 (!) and moved to Georgia in 1917, where she's been ever since. When asked for the secret to her remarkable lifespan, Mrs. Cooper said, “I mind my own business, and I don’t eat junk food.”
Recommended For You
- > Kanye Responds to Critics: 'I'm a Married, Christian Man.'
- > Man Accidentally Freed From Jail Six Years Ago Returns to Jail
- > Urban Outfitters, What On Earth Were You Thinking?
- > Here's Another Trailer for 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'
- > North Korea Sentences 24-Year-Old American to 6 Years Hard Labor