Time to Return All Your Organic Food to the Grocery Store
A new study from Stanford University and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System has not found a significant amount of difference in the health benefits between organic foods and non-organic foods. According to the study, both organic foods and conventional foods have about the same levels of vitamins and nutrients, and provide about the same level of individual benefits. Although there will have to be a lot more studies before the long-term benefits of going organic can gauged, the initial reports certainly suggest that the conventional wisdom surrounding organic food overstates its value. It's worth noting that organic food has been found to have much less pesticide residue than conventional food does, but the Stanford study also found that very few items exceeded the European Union's recommended amounts of pesticide. So, although people go organic for a wide variety of reasons, if you're just doing it for your own health, might want to see if you kept the receipt for all your organic food purchases ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > Chris Pratt Asks Twitter Followers to Pray for a Fan’s Young Son Suffering From Brain Cancer
- > Peak Summer Stargazing Season Starts Tonight
- > 'Story of God with Morgan Freeman' Gets a Season 2
- > Here’s a Look at the New Season of ‘Gilmore Girls’
- > Apple Music Will Be the Home to the ‘Carpool Karaoke' Series