Three Wonderful Lions Save Girl From Forced Marriage
Well, look, we just report the news around here, no matter how incredible it sounds. And this one is incredible and beautiful and almost too good to be true, but in a story that's being corroborated by many witnesses, a 12-year-old girl who had been kidnapped in Ethiopia by a group of men who intended to force her into marriage was rescued by a trio of benevolent lions (a trio of benevolent lions). The girl, who had been missing for a week, was the captive of seven men who had beat her and intended to marry her. But before they could seriously harm her, three lions appeared and—holy moly, can you even believe it?—stood guard over the girl until she was found by police. Government authorities suspect that the girl's crying reminded the lions of mewing cubs and they took her under their incredible golden paws until they were certain she was safe.“They stood guard until we found her and then they just left her like a gift and went back into the forest,” Sgt. Wondimu Wedajo said.
“If the lions had not come to her rescue, then it could have been much worse. Often these young girls are raped and severely beaten to force them to accept the marriage.” This remarkable event took place in 2005, but gaining new attention in light of the United Nation's recent announcement that as many as 41% of all Ethiopian marriages are forced ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Here’s This: Kanye Says His T-Swift Interruption Was Activism
- > 'Hamilton' Grabs an Insane Number of Tony Nominations
- > Here’s a Look at ‘The War of 1996’ in This New ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Preview
- > Meanwhile in Politics, Trump Says Ted Cruz's Dad Was Part of the JFK Assassination
- > This Creepy New Radiohead Video Has Some Interesting Religious Imagery