Things in Gaza Are at a New Level of Yikes
Tensions between Israel and Palestine are never not high, but recent events have catapulted those tensions to levels of violence not seen since the 2008 war, and it's time to get informed. A recent string of deadly rocket strikes from Hamas-controlled areas has led to a punishing, ongoing Israeli retaliation against Hamas militants, and an all-out ground war seems to be impending on both sides, as tanks, planes and gunboats launched volleys of attacks on suspected militant positions. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that, "If there is a need, the military is prepared to expand the operation. We will continue to do everything to protect our citizens." The Israeli assault has left 13 Palestinians dead so far, in what Israel has termed "Operation Pillar of Defense" ...
Recommended For You
- > Map Shows America’s ‘Happiest’ and ‘Unhappiest’ Cities
- > ‘Bibliotheca’ Project Seeks to Redesign the Bible as a Work of ‘Great Literary Art’
- > Prisoner's Lethal Injection Execution Lasted Nearly Two Hours
- > Here’s What a Real-Life Darth Vadar Car Looks Like
- > In Honor of 'Batman Day', Here's the Newest Animated 'Batman' Short