These ‘90s AT&T Ads Predicted the Future
This series of AT&T ads that ran from 1993 to 1994 pretty accurately predicted the future of technology. In each commercial spot, several, then-unfathomable new consumer devices were shown, and audiences were told that in the near-future “You Will” have access to such amazing technology. The ads show a variety of technologies that are now a part of daily life: an on-demand streaming service like Netflix, a Siri-like virtual assistant, a digital tablet, in-car GPS, E-ZPass tolls and more. The series is no “It’s Not Complicated” campaign (which is hilarious), but its predictions are still pretty impressive …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > An ISIS Supporter Threatened to Open Fire on a Megachurch
- > It’s Team Captain America vs. Team Iron Man in This New ‘Civil War’ Trailer
- > Kanye West on New Album: It’s Gospel with a Lot of Cursing
- > What Happens to This Prediction Linking Revival to a Panthers Super Bowl Victory?
- > Update: Wheaton College Asks for Controversial Prof's Forgiveness