These ‘90s AT&T Ads Predicted the Future
This series of AT&T ads that ran from 1993 to 1994 pretty accurately predicted the future of technology. In each commercial spot, several, then-unfathomable new consumer devices were shown, and audiences were told that in the near-future “You Will” have access to such amazing technology. The ads show a variety of technologies that are now a part of daily life: an on-demand streaming service like Netflix, a Siri-like virtual assistant, a digital tablet, in-car GPS, E-ZPass tolls and more. The series is no “It’s Not Complicated” campaign (which is hilarious), but its predictions are still pretty impressive …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal