Is Texting Actually On the Decline?
A report released this week by tech trendspotter Chetan Sharma said that text messaging has passed its peak, with the number of texts sent over the last quarter declining for the first time. So, that could be viewed as good news for those worried that texting is the drain down which modern communication is spiraling, but the real reason that texting is on the decline is owing to things like Apple's iMessage and and Facebook's Messenger, both of which work like texting, but are run on cellular data networks. So, basically, there's no real decline in the fact that we text, just that we don't text in the old-fashioned way. Our national nightmare continues. LOL? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > New Report: Number of Abortions in the U.S. Continues to Decline
- > At Least 21 Killed By Boko Haram Suicide Bomber in Nigeria
- > Cards Against Humanity’s Black Friday Sale: Pay $5 for Nothing
- > Study: 41% of Shoppers Feel Like They Need to Spend More Than They Can Afford at Christmas
- > Report: Saudi Arabia Will Behead at Least 50 People in One Day