Is Texting Actually On the Decline?
A report released this week by tech trendspotter Chetan Sharma said that text messaging has passed its peak, with the number of texts sent over the last quarter declining for the first time. So, that could be viewed as good news for those worried that texting is the drain down which modern communication is spiraling, but the real reason that texting is on the decline is owing to things like Apple's iMessage and and Facebook's Messenger, both of which work like texting, but are run on cellular data networks. So, basically, there's no real decline in the fact that we text, just that we don't text in the old-fashioned way. Our national nightmare continues. LOL? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President