Is Texting Actually On the Decline?
A report released this week by tech trendspotter Chetan Sharma said that text messaging has passed its peak, with the number of texts sent over the last quarter declining for the first time. So, that could be viewed as good news for those worried that texting is the drain down which modern communication is spiraling, but the real reason that texting is on the decline is owing to things like Apple's iMessage and and Facebook's Messenger, both of which work like texting, but are run on cellular data networks. So, basically, there's no real decline in the fact that we text, just that we don't text in the old-fashioned way. Our national nightmare continues. LOL? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Investigation Discovery Just Announced a Special About Adnan Syed
- > Hear the Spoken-Word Harvard Graduation Speech Everyone Is Talking About
- > Tragedy: Migrant Death Toll Has Surpassed 1,000 in the Last Week
- > Netanyahu: Israel Is ‘Willing to Negotiate with the Arab States’ For a Two-State Solution
- > Some Zookeepers Strapped a GoPro on Top of a Cheetah, And It Turned Out Pretty Cool