Is Texting Actually On the Decline?
A report released this week by tech trendspotter Chetan Sharma said that text messaging has passed its peak, with the number of texts sent over the last quarter declining for the first time. So, that could be viewed as good news for those worried that texting is the drain down which modern communication is spiraling, but the real reason that texting is on the decline is owing to things like Apple's iMessage and and Facebook's Messenger, both of which work like texting, but are run on cellular data networks. So, basically, there's no real decline in the fact that we text, just that we don't text in the old-fashioned way. Our national nightmare continues. LOL? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch This Father of the Bride Pull the ‘Ole ‘I Just Dropped the Wedding Cake' Prank
- > Here’s the New Trailer for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'
- > Tebow Hit a Homerun on the First Pitch of His Pro Baseball Career
- > Disney Is Remaking ‘The Lion King’ for $ome Rea$on
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'