Teenage Activist Who Was Shot by Taliban Signs $3 Million Book Deal
Malala Yousafzai, the 15-year-old Pakistani activist who was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman after voicing the need for education rights for girls in the country, has just signed a $3 million book deal. Her memoir, I Am Malala, is due out this fall. In a press release about the book, Malala, who is the youngest person ever to be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, said, “I want to tell my story, but it will also be the story of 61 million children who can't get education. I want it to be part of the campaign to give every boy and girl the right to go to school. It is their basic right" ..
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- California Is About to Raise the Legal Age for Smoking and Vaping to 212
- Remembering the Time Woody Allen Debated Billy Graham About God and Sex in Primetime657
- Drake Is Going to Host and Perform as a Musical Guest on May 14’s ‘SNL’52
- The Faith-Shaking Experience of Losing Debates About the Bible277
- > California Is About to Raise the Legal Age for Smoking and Vaping to 21
- > Drake Is Going to Host and Perform as a Musical Guest on May 14’s ‘SNL’
- > Lecrae Talks About His Song 'Deja Vu' on 'Fallon'
- > Enjoy This Dance-Inspired ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Remix
- > Report: Lebron’s ‘Space Jam 2’ Is Finally Happening