Teenage Activist Who Was Shot by Taliban Signs $3 Million Book Deal
Malala Yousafzai, the 15-year-old Pakistani activist who was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman after voicing the need for education rights for girls in the country, has just signed a $3 million book deal. Her memoir, I Am Malala, is due out this fall. In a press release about the book, Malala, who is the youngest person ever to be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, said, “I want to tell my story, but it will also be the story of 61 million children who can't get education. I want it to be part of the campaign to give every boy and girl the right to go to school. It is their basic right" ..
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President