Teenage Activist Who Was Shot by Taliban Signs $3 Million Book Deal
Malala Yousafzai, the 15-year-old Pakistani activist who was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman after voicing the need for education rights for girls in the country, has just signed a $3 million book deal. Her memoir, I Am Malala, is due out this fall. In a press release about the book, Malala, who is the youngest person ever to be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, said, “I want to tell my story, but it will also be the story of 61 million children who can't get education. I want it to be part of the campaign to give every boy and girl the right to go to school. It is their basic right" ..
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > KFC's Secret Recipe May Have Been Revealed to the Chicago Tribune
- > Orlando Hospitals Won't Bill Pulse Shooting Victims
- > Research: Most People Looking for a New Church Are Looking for Better Preaching
- > 13 People Were Killed in an Attack on Afghanistan's American University Yesterday
- > A Mad Lego Scientist Makes Objects That Rotate to Make Three Different Shadow Art Images