Teenage Activist Who Was Shot by Taliban Signs $3 Million Book Deal
Malala Yousafzai, the 15-year-old Pakistani activist who was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman after voicing the need for education rights for girls in the country, has just signed a $3 million book deal. Her memoir, I Am Malala, is due out this fall. In a press release about the book, Malala, who is the youngest person ever to be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, said, “I want to tell my story, but it will also be the story of 61 million children who can't get education. I want it to be part of the campaign to give every boy and girl the right to go to school. It is their basic right" ..
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Prosecutors in L.A. Are Now Reviewing Criminal Case Against Bill Cosy
- > An Animated Ghostbusters Movie May Also Soon Be in the Works
- > Watching Jell-O Being Smacked with a Tennis Racket in Slow Motion Is Surprisingly Satisfying
- > Report: Army Vet Shot 7 Times While Charging at Oregon Gunman
- > This Pizza Pouch Will Prevent All of Your Pizza Emergencies