Teenage Activist Who Was Shot by Taliban Signs $3 Million Book Deal
Malala Yousafzai, the 15-year-old Pakistani activist who was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman after voicing the need for education rights for girls in the country, has just signed a $3 million book deal. Her memoir, I Am Malala, is due out this fall. In a press release about the book, Malala, who is the youngest person ever to be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, said, “I want to tell my story, but it will also be the story of 61 million children who can't get education. I want it to be part of the campaign to give every boy and girl the right to go to school. It is their basic right" ..
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Tom Hardy’s Film Premiere Date Was a Real Dog
- > “Only James Bond Can Be James Bond” Steven Spielberg on His New Spy Film
- > Lucille Ball Lives: Cate Blanchett Will Play the Actress in an Upcoming Film
- > Same-Sex Couple Married in Kentucky County After Clerk Jailed
- > Here’s a Fan-Made Trailer for a Boba Fett Stand-Alone 'Star Wars' Movie