Syria: We’ll Defend Ourselves from U.S. Intervention By ‘All Means Available’
A day after Secretary of State John Kerry said that there was undeniable evidence that the Syrian government used chemical weapons against its own people, and warned that "international norm cannot be violated without consequences," Syria is speaking out. The country’s foreign minister has issued a cryptic statement saying that "We have the means to defend ourselves and we will surprise everyone," in response to reports that U.S. and British forces could be planning airstrikes against the military regime of President Bashar Assad. At the press conference, Walid al-Moallem also added, "We will defend ourselves using all means available.” According to a report from Doctors Without Borders, 355 people—many of whom were children—were killed in a town out side Damascus during a chemical weapons attack launched by Assad’s military last week …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > ‘Toy Story 4’ Will Be a ‘Romantic Comedy’ Not a Continuation of the Trilogy
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.
- > Outrageous: Man Burned By Fajitas While Praying Can't Sue Applebee's
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > Milk that Tastes Like Peeps Is the Ultimate Easter Beverage