Syria: We’ll Defend Ourselves from U.S. Intervention By ‘All Means Available’
A day after Secretary of State John Kerry said that there was undeniable evidence that the Syrian government used chemical weapons against its own people, and warned that "international norm cannot be violated without consequences," Syria is speaking out. The country’s foreign minister has issued a cryptic statement saying that "We have the means to defend ourselves and we will surprise everyone," in response to reports that U.S. and British forces could be planning airstrikes against the military regime of President Bashar Assad. At the press conference, Walid al-Moallem also added, "We will defend ourselves using all means available.” According to a report from Doctors Without Borders, 355 people—many of whom were children—were killed in a town out side Damascus during a chemical weapons attack launched by Assad’s military last week …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Noose Found Hanging on Duke Campus. Investigation Underway.
- > Netflix Wants to Remind You of the 'Dangers' of Binge-Watching
- > Spray for Cyclists Lights Up at Night But Is Invisible During the Day
- > Our National Nightmare Is Over: SkyMall May Be Returning Soon
- > Hugh Jackman to Star in ‘Apostle Paul’ Movie