Syria: We’ll Defend Ourselves from U.S. Intervention By ‘All Means Available’
A day after Secretary of State John Kerry said that there was undeniable evidence that the Syrian government used chemical weapons against its own people, and warned that "international norm cannot be violated without consequences," Syria is speaking out. The country’s foreign minister has issued a cryptic statement saying that "We have the means to defend ourselves and we will surprise everyone," in response to reports that U.S. and British forces could be planning airstrikes against the military regime of President Bashar Assad. At the press conference, Walid al-Moallem also added, "We will defend ourselves using all means available.” According to a report from Doctors Without Borders, 355 people—many of whom were children—were killed in a town out side Damascus during a chemical weapons attack launched by Assad’s military last week …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > Top Theater Chains Cancel Showings of ‘The Interview’ After Hacker Threats
- > Video Shows Just How Much Megatron Hates Selfies
- > The New Season of ‘Parks and Rec’ Will Take Place in the Future
- > Here's the First Preview for the Colbert Show Replacement, 'The Nightly Show'
- > Horrible Details of the Taliban's School Attack Emerge