Syria Has "Chosen Path of War," U.N. Pulls Out
The U.N. has ended its doomed monitoring mission in Syria, as deadlock persists among world powers over how to contain the spreading violence. Two weeks ago, former U.N. secretary-general Kofi Annan quit as mediator in frustration with the failure of a four-month-old truce that never materialized.
"It is clear that both sides have chosen the path of war, open conflict, and the space for political dialogue and cessation of hostilities and mediation is very, very reduced at this point," deputy U.N. peacekeeping chief Edmond Mulet said.
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Suicide Bombers Attacked an Airport in Istanbul, Killing At Least 28
- > JK Rowling Revealed Some of the History of the American Hogwarts
- > Stunning Aerial Photos Show the Differences Between Poverty and Wealth in South Africa
- > Watch The Avett Brothers Perform Their New Song ‘Satan Pulls the Strings’ on Fallon
- > Report: Leah Remini Is Making a TV Show About the Dangers of Scientology