Syria Has "Chosen Path of War," U.N. Pulls Out
The U.N. has ended its doomed monitoring mission in Syria, as deadlock persists among world powers over how to contain the spreading violence. Two weeks ago, former U.N. secretary-general Kofi Annan quit as mediator in frustration with the failure of a four-month-old truce that never materialized.
"It is clear that both sides have chosen the path of war, open conflict, and the space for political dialogue and cessation of hostilities and mediation is very, very reduced at this point," deputy U.N. peacekeeping chief Edmond Mulet said.
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Chris Pratt Asks Twitter Followers to Pray for a Fan’s Young Son Suffering From Brain Cancer
- > Apple Music Will Be the Home to the ‘Carpool Karaoke' Series
- > Scientists Just Figured Out How to Filter Urine Into Drinkable Water
- > ISIS Just Killed 44 Residents of a Kurdish Town in Syria
- > State of Maryland Will Fight Against Adnan Syed, of 'Serial' Fame, Getting a New Trial