Syria Has "Chosen Path of War," U.N. Pulls Out
The U.N. has ended its doomed monitoring mission in Syria, as deadlock persists among world powers over how to contain the spreading violence. Two weeks ago, former U.N. secretary-general Kofi Annan quit as mediator in frustration with the failure of a four-month-old truce that never materialized.
"It is clear that both sides have chosen the path of war, open conflict, and the space for political dialogue and cessation of hostilities and mediation is very, very reduced at this point," deputy U.N. peacekeeping chief Edmond Mulet said.
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > ‘Fixer Upper’ Couple: ‘Our Family Has Made a Commitment to Put Christ First’
- > What the Bible Says About How to Treat Refugees
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > Report: Justin Bieber Turned a Concert into a Church Service
- > The Definitive Ranking of Insanely Awesome Christian Album Covers