Super Bowl Commercial Is Actually From YouTube
As if we needed proof that there’s often more talent found on YouTube than in the ad agencies hired by major brands (we’re looking at you, GoDaddy), it turns out Dodge’s “So God Made a Farmer” spot is based on a YouTube video from 2011 created by Farms.com. The Super Bowl commercial features the voice of beloved late radio broadcaster Paul Harvey giving a speech extolling the virtues of farming over dramatic images from the heartland. The automaker essentially updated the production quality of the original video and inserted its truck on the end. It turns out, Dodge has partnered with Farms.com—the creators of the original 2011 video—to raise money for Future Farmers of America. The "Farmer” spot isn’t the only amateur ad to breakthrough, either; Doritos' “Goat 4-Sale” spot was the winner of an online contest that any DIY filmmaker could enter ...
Recommended For You
- > Almost Half of the Syrian Population Is Now Displaced
- > Bill Murray Took Tickets at a Minor League Baseball Game This Week
- > Officials in Missouri Are Being Sued for $40 Million Following Ferguson Crackdown
- > Here’s a Look at Google’s Drone Delivery System, Project Wing
- > ‘Simpsons’ Mini-Marathons Will Be a Part of FXX’s Daily Lineup Moving Forward