Super Bowl Commercial Is Actually From YouTube
As if we needed proof that there’s often more talent found on YouTube than in the ad agencies hired by major brands (we’re looking at you, GoDaddy), it turns out Dodge’s “So God Made a Farmer” spot is based on a YouTube video from 2011 created by Farms.com. The Super Bowl commercial features the voice of beloved late radio broadcaster Paul Harvey giving a speech extolling the virtues of farming over dramatic images from the heartland. The automaker essentially updated the production quality of the original video and inserted its truck on the end. It turns out, Dodge has partnered with Farms.com—the creators of the original 2011 video—to raise money for Future Farmers of America. The "Farmer” spot isn’t the only amateur ad to breakthrough, either; Doritos' “Goat 4-Sale” spot was the winner of an online contest that any DIY filmmaker could enter ...
Recommended For You
- > Noah Story Finally Getting Its Family Friendly Comedy Adaptation
- > As Ice Bucket Challenges Go, John Krasinski's Is a Good One
- > Congratulations on 150 Million Installations, YouVersion.
- > 16-Year-Old Arrested For Writing a Facebook Status About Killing a Dinosaur
- > Found Footage of Brutal Murders Sets Off International Investigation