Study: Young Millionaires Are More Generous
According to the Fidelity Millionaire Outlook study, Generation X and Millennial millionaires are much more generous than their older counterparts. According to the study, on average, rich young Americans give about $54,000 away to charity each year. By comparison, Baby Boomer millionaires, give just $12,000 on average. The research showed that whopping 82 percent of the younger millionaires volunteer their time or serve on the board of a non-profit or charity organization. For Boomers, that number is just 49 percent. The study points to the tech industry—which is home to hundreds of self-made super-rich—as an example of how young millionaires are using their wealth to help solve global problems. Last year, some of the wealthiest tech leaders (like Mark Zuckerberg and Google’s Sergey Brin) contributed $1.4 billion to global charities …
Recommended For YouView More in Reject Apathy
- > The First Teaser for the New 007 Movie ‘Spectre’ Has Been Released
- > Report: 23 People Decapitated by Boko Haram in Latest Village Raid
- > Meet Jon Stewart’s ‘Daily Show’ Replacement, Trevor Noah
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'