Study: Minimalist Running Shoes Could Lead to Injury, Ridicule
If you’re thinking about transitioning to those trendy barefoot running shoes, you may want to take a look at this new study first. According to research by the journal Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, runners using minimalist shoes experienced more bone bruising than runners using traditional shoes. They recommend that if you are thinking of trying new kicks like the Vibram FiveFingers, transition slowly to decrease the risk of injury. The researchers also found that nearly 100% of the time, runners who choose to wear the FiveFinger foot-gloves with jeans or casual clothing risk the mockery of close friends or even family. Following the minimalist running research, the journal Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise is now currently undertaking a study on the overuse of ampersands, which may be equally worthy of ridicule …
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > Diplomats Working Toward Temporary Cease-Fire in Syria
- > Here's the First Trailer for Cameron Crowe's Showtime Show 'Roadies'
- > Two Teens in Arizona Were Killed in (Yet Another) School Shooting
- > Jimmy Fallon Interviews Peyton Manning...Or Is It?
- > A 10-Year ‘Friday Night Lights’ Reunion Is in the Works