Study: Minimalist Running Shoes Could Lead to Injury, Ridicule
If you’re thinking about transitioning to those trendy barefoot running shoes, you may want to take a look at this new study first. According to research by the journal Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, runners using minimalist shoes experienced more bone bruising than runners using traditional shoes. They recommend that if you are thinking of trying new kicks like the Vibram FiveFingers, transition slowly to decrease the risk of injury. The researchers also found that nearly 100% of the time, runners who choose to wear the FiveFinger foot-gloves with jeans or casual clothing risk the mockery of close friends or even family. Following the minimalist running research, the journal Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise is now currently undertaking a study on the overuse of ampersands, which may be equally worthy of ridicule …
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin
- > Georgia Postpones Kelly Renee Gissendaner’s Execution