Study: Minimalist Running Shoes Could Lead to Injury, Ridicule
If you’re thinking about transitioning to those trendy barefoot running shoes, you may want to take a look at this new study first. According to research by the journal Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, runners using minimalist shoes experienced more bone bruising than runners using traditional shoes. They recommend that if you are thinking of trying new kicks like the Vibram FiveFingers, transition slowly to decrease the risk of injury. The researchers also found that nearly 100% of the time, runners who choose to wear the FiveFinger foot-gloves with jeans or casual clothing risk the mockery of close friends or even family. Following the minimalist running research, the journal Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise is now currently undertaking a study on the overuse of ampersands, which may be equally worthy of ridicule …
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal