Study: Americans Believe Pro Athletes Are More Influential Than Pastors
A newly released survey from the Barna Group has found that 64 percent of Americans believe that professional athletes have a greater influence on society than pastors and faith leaders. Considering the popularity of pro sports in America, that may not come as too much of a surprise, but the study did find some other interesting stats: Most Americans (61 percent) support athletes’ public professions of faith; 83 percent of Americans are aware of Tim Tebow, with 73 percent favorable of him publically discussing faith. The study also confirmed that 100 percent of Americans think that when Power Team members rip a phone book in half with their bare hands and explode a hot-water bag with sheer lung power, it’s totally awesome ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Here in America, Living With Your Parents Is the New Normal
- > An Officer Involved with Freddie Gray Case Acquitted of All Charges
- > Justin Bieber Calls Out Award Shows for Celebrating the Wrong Things
- > The Newest Trailer for 'Finding Dory' Reveals a Lot About the Storyline
- > At Least 120 People Were Killed By ISIS Bombings in Syria This Week