Study: Americans Believe Pro Athletes Are More Influential Than Pastors
A newly released survey from the Barna Group has found that 64 percent of Americans believe that professional athletes have a greater influence on society than pastors and faith leaders. Considering the popularity of pro sports in America, that may not come as too much of a surprise, but the study did find some other interesting stats: Most Americans (61 percent) support athletes’ public professions of faith; 83 percent of Americans are aware of Tim Tebow, with 73 percent favorable of him publically discussing faith. The study also confirmed that 100 percent of Americans think that when Power Team members rip a phone book in half with their bare hands and explode a hot-water bag with sheer lung power, it’s totally awesome ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Questlove Will Host a Weekly Pandora Radio Show. We're Excited
- > Scientists Found An Earth-Like Planet Orbiting Not Too Far Away
- > Here’s the Trippy New Video for John Mark McMillan’s ‘Wilderlove’
- > Hear Chvrches Cover ‘This Is What You Came For’
- > This Georgia County Is Trying to Stop a Mosque From Being Built