Study: 4 out of 5 Americans Are on the Brink of Poverty
A new study conducted by the Associated Press has found that four out of five Americans are currently facing near-poverty. The research found that nearly 80 percent of adults across the country currently struggle with joblessness and rely on some form of social welfare. Along with looking at how poverty rates fall within demographic breakdowns, the study also reported that marriage rates are falling across all racial groups. The economic conditions and unemployment rates are effecting children as well: The researchers found that the number of children living in what are technically classified as “high-poverty neighborhoods” has also noticeably increased …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Diplomats Working Toward Temporary Cease-Fire in Syria
- > Here's the First Trailer for Cameron Crowe's Showtime Show 'Roadies'
- > Two Teens in Arizona Were Killed in (Yet Another) School Shooting
- > Jimmy Fallon Interviews Peyton Manning...Or Is It?
- > A 10-Year ‘Friday Night Lights’ Reunion Is in the Works