Study: 4 out of 5 Americans Are on the Brink of Poverty
A new study conducted by the Associated Press has found that four out of five Americans are currently facing near-poverty. The research found that nearly 80 percent of adults across the country currently struggle with joblessness and rely on some form of social welfare. Along with looking at how poverty rates fall within demographic breakdowns, the study also reported that marriage rates are falling across all racial groups. The economic conditions and unemployment rates are effecting children as well: The researchers found that the number of children living in what are technically classified as “high-poverty neighborhoods” has also noticeably increased …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal