Study: 4 out of 5 Americans Are on the Brink of Poverty
A new study conducted by the Associated Press has found that four out of five Americans are currently facing near-poverty. The research found that nearly 80 percent of adults across the country currently struggle with joblessness and rely on some form of social welfare. Along with looking at how poverty rates fall within demographic breakdowns, the study also reported that marriage rates are falling across all racial groups. The economic conditions and unemployment rates are effecting children as well: The researchers found that the number of children living in what are technically classified as “high-poverty neighborhoods” has also noticeably increased …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin